A core value of SARC is to foster the development of new and innovative research by supporting the ideas and career paths of individuals dedicated to sarcoma research and investigation. Therefore, we are pleased to provide potential funding opportunities through the SARC Sarcoma SPORE grant in recognition of individuals in the US, as well as internationally, working to achieve breakthroughs in sarcoma.
The goal of SARC’s Career Development Program and Developmental Research Program are to sponsor efforts that complement the depth of sarcoma translational research and ensure continual renewal of high quality scientific endeavors in the SARC Sarcoma SPORE.
Career Development Program
We appreciate your interest in the SARC Sarcoma SPORE Career Development program. The 2018 SPORE Career Development Program funding opportunity deadline has passed. The next Career Development Program funding opportunity will be in 2019. The deadline for Letter of Intents will be Monday, January 7, 2019, 5:00 PM, ET.
The SARC Sarcoma SPORE Career Development program was initiated to support the ideas and work of investigators that complement the depth of sarcoma translational research and to help ensure the continual renewal of high-quality scientific endeavors in the SARC Sarcoma SPORE. Career Development Awards are awarded in the amount of $100,000 for one year only. The second year award is pending availability of funds and satisfactory progress of the project. View award recipients.
- United States resident (International residents who conduct research outside the U.S. may qualify for a SARC International award)
- Within five years of first faculty appointment with a rank of instructor or Assistant Professor OR in the final year of clinical fellowship or postdoctoral fellowship
- MD/DO or equivalent
- Applications must address bench-to-bedside/bedside-to-bench strategies
- Ability to spend at least 50% effort dedicated to research
- Not currently funded by another career development award
- Research focus in sarcoma
Guidelines for Letter of Intent may be found here.
The selection committee will review letters of Intent submissions and select candidates to invite for full proposal submission. Invitations to submit a full proposal will be sent to the selected applicants after the committee meeting.
- Letter of Intent Due: January 8, 2018
- Full Proposal Due: March 26, 2018
- Funding Period Begins: July 1, 2018
- 2019 Program TBD
Developmental Research Program
We appreciate your interest in the SARC Sarcoma SPORE Developmental Research Program. The SPORE Developmental Research funding opportunity will not be available in 2018. Please check back for updates on the availability in 2019.
The SARC Sarcoma SPORE Developmental Research program was initiated to support the ideas and work of investigators that complement the depth of sarcoma translational research and help to ensure the continual renewal of high-quality scientific endeavors in the SARC Sarcoma SPORE. Developmental Research Grants are awarded in the amount of $50,000/year, with the option to expand. View grant recipients.
- United States resident
- Must be faculty at the level of Instructor or higher
- MD/DO, PhD or equivalent
- Applications must address bench-to-bedside/bedside-bench strategies
- Proposed research may be basic or clinical
- Potential to contribute to the SARC Sarcoma SPORE
- Track record in sarcoma research