A core value of SARC is to foster the development of new and innovative research by supporting the ideas and career paths of individuals dedicated to sarcoma research and investigation. For 2019, SARC will be supporting a Career Development Award. The 2019 award is supported by a philanthropic donation to SARC.
Career Development Program
The SARC Career Development program was initiated in 2009 to support the ideas and work of investigators that complement the depth of sarcoma translational research and to help ensure the continual renewal of high-quality scientific researchers. Career Development Awards are awarded in the amount of $100,000 for one year. The second year award is pending availability of funds and satisfactory progress of the project. View award recipients.
- Within five years of first faculty appointment with a rank of Instructor or Assistant Professor OR in the final year of clinical fellowship or postdoctoral fellowship
- MD / DO or equivalent
- Applications must address bench-to-bedside/bedside-to-bench strategies
- Ability to spend at least 50% effort dedicated to research
- Not currently funded by another career development award
- Research focus in sarcoma
Guidelines for Letter of Intent may be found here.
The selection committee will review Letters of Intent submissions and select candidates to invite for full proposal submission. Invitations to submit a full proposal will be sent to the selected applicants after the committee meeting.
- Letter of Intent Due: January 7, 2019
- Full Proposal Due: March 25, 2019
- Funding Period Begins: July 1, 2019
Developmental Research Program
A component of the SARC Sarcoma SPORE, was funding developmental research projects. The following is a list of investigator's and projects funded through this mechanism. View award recipients.